Sunday, October 09, 2016

Re-injured

It's been six weeks since I fell down in my kitchen. Six weeks of me rearranging all of my appointments and being forced to SLOW DOWN. I started driving short distances this past week. My heels were in serious need of a pedicure, so I drove to have one done. I have to hand it to the gal who worked on me - my feet are now callous-free. And I am so thankful for that!

I have been attending church since I fell, but just for the first hour. My knee can't handle too much walking and our church building is somewhat large. Today I was planning to attend all three hours, with Tyler letting me lean on him as we were to go down the hallways for Sunday School and Relief Society. 

It's been six weeks since I had a proper shower. Sponge baths work, but I have missed an ACTUAL shower! I decided to climb the stairs to the second floor this morning. It was a mistake. Halfway up, my right knee started hurting. After my glorious shower and visiting a floor I haven't seen in 1 1/2 months, I came down the stairs. Oh, my knee hurt more and more with each step down. By the time I got to the first floor again, I took some pain medication. And I was so frustrated with myself. SIX WEEKS and I was finally feeling better. I was ready to do a bit more after being rather patient, or so I thought. Now I am back to wincing when I bend my knee. It's just...disappointing. I thought I was closing in on the end...and now I feel like I just added a few more weeks to my recovery. :(



These boys love chalk almost as much as each other.



There's a part two to this picture. Calvin took Maggie for a walk and it was raining. He accidentally let go of her leash and she ran home. She was soaking wet, so she got up on the porch and rolled around to dry off...she has chalk all over herself now. Ha ha.



Barkley likes to drag his blanket throughout the house and then put it in his mouth. #adorable

-------------------------------------------------------

Scene: Calvin finished cleaning the downstairs toilet.

Me: Calvin, thank you for cleaning the toilet. I appreciate all that you do for our family. One day you are going to be married and your wife will say that she is the LUCKIEST wife ever, because her husband knows how to clean. And I will tell her that she IS lucky, because you are an amazing boy.
Calvin: Wait...will you even be alive when I get married?

-------------------------------------------------------

Anna: I know I should be listening...but I'm just not.

#classic

-------------------------------------------------------

Tyler: Why do we want to be honest?
Silas: So we don't get in trouble.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

When I saw your title I was afraid you had fallen again; so glad it's not that!! Love the quotes from the kids! :)

Laurie said...

Jill, I am a cousin through marriage to your cousin Brianne Burr (in fact I saw her this past week) and enjoy your blog. Essential oils could cut your healing time in half. White fir and frankincense 2x's a day would be the ticket. I've had such great luck with those, including for a knee issue I had. I teach people how to use doTERRA essential oils for issues like this as well as how to use them for helping children manage emotions, mood, etc. Would you like me to send you some to try? Blessings...Laurie Brooks