Monday, December 05, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving from the Pierce Family! It takes a lot of work to coordinate a traditional Thanksgiving feast, but I love a good challenge in the kitchen. I started by making the pies, baking the sweet potatoes, and brining the turkey the day before Thanksgiving.

BloggerImage

BloggerImage

BloggerImage
2 pumpkin, apple, banana cream, coconut cream, and chocolate cream pies. 

BloggerImage
Sweet potato biscuits - one of my favorite biscuits ever!

BloggerImage
The spread! I had the children gather leaves from outside - they were perfect for decorating!

BloggerImage
Our gratitude tree! It was fun writing down those things for which I am grateful on and hanging them up. One of the things that I wrote was that I am thankful for the ability to communicate with others. 

BloggerImage
Dessert!

BloggerImage
We had the Elders over for dinner. We played some Mexican train dominos afterwards. 

BloggerImage
The day after Thanksgiving, I put together a pretty sweet Turkey pot pie - the first that I have ever attempted - and it was a HUGE hit. This pan was 2/3's gone and it's a massively-sized pan.

I am so thankful for my family. I love Thanksgiving - a holiday just to focus on our blessings. 

No comments: