Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Happy Birthday to Silas

So, somehow my youngest baby turned 9 years old this week. Silas is a lovable human-wrecking ball and is a great caboose to our pack of kids. He is loving and affectionate and empathetic and thoughtful. He is my most observant child and notices EVERYTHING. For his birthday, he requested strawberry crepes for breakfast, had a special McDonald's lunch date with Daddy, had shrimp fried rice (his favorite!) for dinner with homemade white cupcakes topped with storebought (!) rainbow chip frosting. 

As for his birthday gift, well, he has been asking for a motored ride-on toy for several years. When he passes them at the store, he always says that he wants one. The problem is, Silas is too big for these toys now. The age range on them is much younger. So...we went on craigslist and found a go-cart! It was in good condition, but needed a tune-up. Despite our taking it in a week before Silas' birthday, it still wasn't ready to go on his actual birthday. I explained the situation to him and he seemed to take it pretty well, considering that it was his only birthday present and he wouldn't be receiving it ON his birthday. 

I love my little pumpkin! We adopted him at 2 1/2 years old from Russia and he has been such a joy - and has certainly kept me on my toes - these past 6 1/2 years. Looking forward to having my more years with my Silaska. Happy Birthday, son. 






No comments: