Monday, November 12, 2018

The Lion King and Calvin

Today Calvin and Silas watched THE LION KING. It's a great film and I always feel the Holy Ghost when Mufasa reminds Simba to "remember who you are." It had been some time since the boys had seen that movie, so they were captivated by each scene.

When the film was over, Calvin came to find me in the kitchen. He didn't say anything at first, he just lunged at me with a huge and very tight hug. I knew that he was thinking about when Mufasa died. It was a sweet and tender moment that I could feel of Calvin's fierce love for me. Also notable is the fact that Calvin isn't a very affectionate boy. He just doesn't seem to require lots of hugs and never approaches me for affection, but allows for me to give it to him.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to be Calvin's mom. I have known since we adopted him (at age 5, from Russia) that he might not be with us for a very long time. I feel like the time may be soon when he will be called back to heaven. I pray that I can make the time that we have as meaningful as possible. And ask that God will grant me the strength to face that day when/if it comes.

No comments: