Monday, October 30, 2006

Caramel Apples

I slept in pretty late this morning, I'm not sure why I was so tired. I've been doing fairly well at getting up around 8 or so...today it was 10:15am! YIKES! Despite my getting up late, I tried to be productive and prayed for productivity in my morning prayer.

Anna & I were busy getting ready for the day until her bus arrived. Off she went and I went to play racquetball with Tyler. I'm definitely getting better at the game, but the harder I play-the more tired I am.

I went to the Post Office, and came home to read my scriptures. When Anna got off the bus, we jumped in the car and went to the store, making it back in one hour to meet the sister missionaries. I gave them some caramels for tomorrow. (they love caramel apples) Then I began to prepare a new recipe from Taste of Home, which were some spiced doughnuts. I've never made doughnuts before and I thought these looked good. However, I realized that they had to be refrigerated 2 hours before cooked and my company was scheduled to arrive in 1 1/2 hours. ARG! So I frantically looked in all my cookbooks and decided to make two different kinds of doughtnuts that I could put together within my time frame.

At 6:30pm, Angela, Scott, and their 3 boys came over for FHE (family home evening). We had a lesson and then did some fun pumpkin carving. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

When it was all over, Tyler gently proposed that I was doing too much and that I was overworking myself. Now that I look back on it, I would have been happier having had caramel apples...

No comments: