Help outfit Michael, Sarah, and John

Monday, November 20, 2006


I woke up just before 7am and went for a 30 minute walk. It snowed last night and the air was so nice & crisp as I walked. I can understand how people get addicted to walking, certain atmospheres are so soothing.

I went to meet with the OBGYN on base and he is starting me on some clomid. Unfortunately, I need to start it on day 5 of my cycle and I'm on day 8 today. GRRR! Guess I'll have to wait until next month. The doctor told me--"You've waited four years, you can wait another month." It's true, but I'm so ready for some happy news in the fertility area! However, I am finally DOING SOMETHING to help me become pregnant, and that feels great-let me tell you!!!

I played a game with Anna before she went to school. I enjoy spending time with her, she is such a joy to me. Her vocabulary is really coming along now. She wants to know "why" everything happens the way it does--she's quite a curious young lady. :)

When Anna got on the bus, I raced to visit Liz and went through the solo I wanted to audition with this evening. It went quite well. There are 6 solos, but I am only comfortable with 5 of them. The other one has too many "runs," if you recall me mentioning it. The song that I really want is called, "Come Unto Him." It's simply lovely. After the practice I went to see Tyler at his work and picked up some checks to deposit in our account, I then went to deposit them and then went grocery shopping at the commissary. When I finished getting everything on my list, I hurried to the check-out line only to see about 8 people in front of me--Thanksgiving time and all. I checked my watch and realized that time was ticking fast when Anna's bus would be by my house and I was at least 15 minutes away! I hurried and got done with about 5 minutes before the bus had come before. As I drove home worried about my little girl and being upset with myself that I had not planned my time better, I prayed to Heavenly Father to please help me and to keep her safe. Very soon after that, I had a prompting that I should call the bus barn, which I did. They were able to call Anna's bus and tell them that I would be late. I arrived home about 5 minutes after when she would have gotten off the bus. Anna's bus driver simply took her on the route a bit longer before bringing her home. I was so grateful for the bus driver and especially for Heavenly Father answering my prayers. He truly wants to help us in any way that we will let him.

This evening I went to the long awaited auditions for the Messiah solos. There were only 3 sopranos that auditioned. There are 6 solos available. I think that my singing went well. The other two sopranos are both lyrics, and I am a Mezzo. We shall see what the Choir director is looking for...yes, that's right. I do not know if I got a solo or not. He's waiting to tell us next monday. So...stay tuned!!! (and pray that I'll get one!) :)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

I hate waiting! Why can't he tell you now!? At least it sounds like your chances are good...

That sounded like you were quite busy. It can be so hard to time things when there is so much to do. I'm glad it all worked out.

Bummer about being 3 days late to start the meds. I can't believe he said, "what's another month after 4 years?" That's the point, buddy! 4 years. A month can feel like forever sometimes, huh. Sheesh. I'm happy for you!