Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After Thanksgiving

Well, this morning I was up and showered before we ate breakfast and then I left for holiday shopping at Hobby Lobby, while Anna & Tyler went holiday shopping at Lowe's--where else would a man go shopping?? hee hee

I found several things for Anna for her birthday and also Christmas. I love this time of year! Tyler put up the icicle lights on the house--it took a LONG time, but it's mostly done. I have gone through all the Christmas decorations and have realized that I have WAY too many of them!!!!!! I used to collect snowmen, but then I acquired too many and I literally don't have the room to display them-much less store them. Alas, I will be getting rid of some, I'm sorry if this upsets any of you who have given me them as gifts...I do love them, I just seriously need to downsize. For example, our whole attic is full of ONLY CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!! That's all! Yeah, I don't want to downsize--I NEED TO!

I think we're going to put up the tree now, for which Anna is quite excited! I'm trying to figure out what gifts to send to various family members...it's much more pricey when you live far away because you have to consider the cost of shipping along with the gift itself. *sigh* But I love being in Ohio, so it's all worth it. :)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Glad you had a happy holiday. It sounded yummy! We might be decorating tomorrow. Thankfully, we don't have too many decorations. We are already too cramped! I'm so excited to move in May! I can't wait to have room to collect things!