Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Organize Yourselves

I woke up still feeling blah, but pressed forward with our early morning trip to the consignment shop. It will be closed next week due to Thanksgiving. Can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?? Wow, how time flies by! We're planning to just have a huge feast for the three of us, unless any family/friends are able to come. I don't see the need to not make a turkey--leftovers work, right? It will be a small, but memorable holiday.

Since I have been sick, I have not been exercising-which is both good and bad. It's bad because I need to exercise if I'm going to lose weight, but good because it's harder on your body to exercise when you're sick. However, one nice thing is that I have more time to do things at home. Today that involved my going through all the cross stitching books that I have and seeing which ones are worth keeping. It feels good to go through things, I feel a sense of accomplishment from good organization.

I made granola-since we're out, and baked a biscuit topped chicken pie for dinner. Shannon picked Anna & I up and we went to the church to go through a song that I'm singing a week from this Sunday. I was only able to sing it once-since my voice is hoarse. I hope that I will be able to sing at the auditions. It's hard because I need to practice the song so I'll be prepared, but if I sing too much my voice becomes hoarse. :(

Tyler is out "building unity" within his quorum. He gave the lesson this last week from the General Conference talk on building unity within the priesthood. The Elder's Quorum President decided to organize activities to build unity. Tonight that is occuring at a local bbq wings restaurant. I'm sure they're having a good time. I think it's an excellent idea to have the priesthood spend more time enjoying themselves. We have so many Relief Society activities--let the guys have a little fun now and then. :)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

I'm impressed. I can be pretty useless when I'm sick. That is awesome that you can still get so much done. You've been a busy lady! Hope you feel much better soon. As Kipper says, "Get better now." What's the point of waiting for soon? hee hee