Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stake Presidency

I went visiting teaching this morning. It was rainy, but I really enjoyed being with Sarah and seeing our fun sisters. Visiting teaching is such a fun program, I'm glad to be a part of it. And Anna enjoys playing with Leia wherever we go, plus with the kids of the sisters we visit. :)

Anna went to school and I got a few things done at home. I spoke with Shannon for an hour about charter schools. Does anyone know much about them? We are considering the idea of sending Anna to a charter school next year. It seems that charter schools can control their own curriculum and aren't tied to the "no child left behind" program. They can use diverse learning activities and are public schools in that it doesn't cost money to send them there. I need to research it a bit more, but for now it sounds like a good idea for our girl.

We had an early dinner because Tyler came home early--hooray! Then we had FHE because we didn't have it yesterday. Anna is doing such a great job with FHE and saying prayers. A while back she didn't want to say the prayers, now she volunteers to say them at least once a day! We're trying to help her prepare for the primary program this sunday--she'll give her first "talk" in it. :)

Shannon and I went over to Sarah's house to watch more of the saga: WIVES AND DAUGHTERS. It's another english movie of Sarah's. I really enjoy these types of movies. We almost finished it and I'm really wanting to see how it ends! So much suspense!

Tyler got a call today from the ward. He will be meeting with a member of the Stake Presidency on thursday about a calling. So what callings do you need to meet with the stake presidency about? I realize that it would include stake callings, but what about ward callings? Anyone know?

No comments: