Monday, December 18, 2006

Caroling, Caroling

Tyler & I were up late last night. Tyler was trying to install 2 tiles in the bathroom that needed to be replaced. However, when he returned from LOWE'S, he realized that they had cut the tiles wrong and it was 10pm, so they were closed. He was REALLY UNHAPPY about that. This means that we won't be able to have the people bring the dryer up to our laundry room (on the 2nd floor) because Tyler won't be able to lay the tile until monday and it has to set for a day or so...yeah, so that's not the best news. But anyhow, we were up last night. So this morning it was rather difficult to drag myself out of bed.

Church was wonderful! I sang a duet with a guy in my ward, we sang "Sleep, Little Lamb." Many people loved it. Everyone seems to be pleased with all the new music that I have brought to this ward. I'm excited to be a part of it all! I subbed for the primary chorister today. Yes, you read that right--the calling that I dread because I feel I lack the excitement to hold the primary children's attention. It actually went pretty well, which was pleasantly surprising to me. :)

We had tithing settlement today. I thought that I would reserve the little candy cane that Anna received in primary for her to eat during tithing settlement, so she would be calm. Yeah, big mistake, the candy cane made her quite sticky which was just lovely.

I made potato soup & breadbowls for dinner. We took a too short 30 minute nap before heading off to the church for a caroling activity. We must have had about 40 people come--so we split up into 2 groups and went to see about 6 families that were referred by members. We gave away JOY TO THE WORLD pass-a-long cards. It was a really enjoyable night. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love caroling! Maybe Tuan and I can get a group together and go. Sorry about the tile. At least it was the store's mistake.