Sunday, December 03, 2006

I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day

This morning I went over to Shereena's house to help her get her children ready for church. She answered the door and said she wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be going to church. To this I said that I would just take the two older boys with me. I woke up Matthew & Timothy, dressed them, combed their hair, helped them get theirs hat, gloves, and coats and we left for church. It was pretty wild having two extra kids during church, especially when I'm the chorister and Tyler was up on the stand taking notes for his calling of Ward Clerk. I think it was a big success considering the fact that the boys obeyed me almost all the time and they enjoyed going and said they wanted to go again next week. I hope that Shereena will come, too. She said that it is really difficult getting all the kids ready for church. But in less than 15 minutes I had the 2 most rowdy of all the kids ready for church...perhaps she simply lacks the motivation to go to church?

After church Anna & I had some chili for lunch. Tyler came home and ate then we took a much needed nap. Afterwards, we three went to Sherry's to practice a song for church. Then we went to the church to see the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was so wonderful. And President Hinckley quoted my favorite Christmas Hymn-the title of this blog. I was really uplifted by the wonderful talks and music. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. :)

No comments: