Thursday, December 07, 2006

Snow, Snow, Snow

Today was the first day since I've been in Ohio that it consistenly snowed through-out the day. We woke up to snow on the ground and then it lightly snowed through the rest of the day. I LOVED IT! Most people who hear of my love for snow say that it will change once it happens everyday. I do not think I will share their opinion--I've lived in Oklahoma practically my whole life and there certainly wasn't enough snow there to satisfy me. And so, I will continue to be enchanted by the snow while here...since I've waited my whole life to have it!!

We went visiting teaching this morning, which was really nice. My companion, Sarah, brought her kids over at 8:30 and we had a nice breakfast together before our first appointment. It was really fun cooking for 7 people! (I don't get that chance very often!)

After Anna went to school, I set out to put together a package for my sister serving her mission in Michigan. I included all of the yummy treats that I made + some knee highs, cds, and other items. I am excited to see how she likes it!

I went to the genealogy library today for about 4 hours. I didn't have much luck at all until the last hour I was there. I did find some names that matched with one of my lines and I can't tell you how exciting that was!!!! Thursday is my day to do family history---it's set aside specifically for that when Anna is at school. My sweet husband makes sure that he is home before Anna's bus arrives, so I can stay at the library longer. :) That's all for today, we're going to read scriptures and some of my TALL BOOK OF CHRISTMAS stories--a cherished book of mine that my mom read at Christmastime when she was a little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love watching the snow fall too. I can't wait until we get enough to actually build a snowman! It was 43 degrees yesterday and we were so excited to be able to go outside without coats!