Tuesday, December 05, 2006

St. Nicholas Eve

Today I slept in a bit and then got started on the holiday baking about 11am. I worked non-stop in the kitchen until 5:30, when we ate dinner. Today I made mint chocolate brownies, mini cheesecakes, fudge, candy popcorn, hot chocolate mix, and coconut pound cake. Tomorrow I will finish up with gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies--the most difficult of all holiday baking. *sigh* Plus tomorrow I'm planning to go consign more items and the sister missionaries are coming over for dinner. Thinking of all this...I need to get to bed!

St. Nicholas came tonight--a tradition in Germany & Europe. You put your shoes outside the front door and then he comes leaving candy and little toys in them. Anna was ecstatic over the whole experience.

No comments: