Friday, March 16, 2007

Chili Cook-off

Happy Friday all! I woke up and took Anna with me to the YMCA. I had a very good workout doing the treadmill for 30 minutes and the elliptical for 15 + some weight machines on my lower body. I switch off every day. Today I did my legs, yesterday I did my arms/stomach. I like that sore feeling from my muscles being worked! :)

While Anna watched PETER PAN, I showered and got ready for the day. I made a Chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (a new recipe from the HERSHEY COOKBOOK, Thanks Deena!) for the chili cook-off. I also went to the post office to mail some things and did some dishes. My house has stayed relatively clean today, which is nice since I spent yesterday getting it all clean. :)

Anna & I went over to Sarah's house where she & I chatted while Anna played with Leia. We came home and then went to the Chili Cook-off social at the church. Anna & I were towards the beginning of the line to get some food (we were hungry!) I had filled Anna's bowl about 1/2 full of chili & cheese and she decided to hold it as we went down the tables (there must have been 15 different crockpots of chili). Suddenly I felt something warm splatter all over my leg and heard Anna wailing. She had dropped her bowl of chili and it splashed all over my left leg & shoe. She was so upset about it--for my sake! She was bawling saying "I'm so sorry, Mama! I didn't mean to!!" with tears flowing. She was so hysterical about it that I certainly couldn't be upset (she was upset enough for the both of us). So Tyler came and took her away to comfort her while I tried to clean off beans, cheese, beef, and chili juice off my pant leg, my shoe and the floor. UGH. My poor little girl. She was disraught. :(

The rest of the social was nice. We sat with a family that is just now coming back to church--the wife is a member, husband non-member. The wife, Tammy, made a new years resolution to come back to church. It was nice getting to know them. We're now exhausted from the day! And tomorrow will be busy as well. Goodnight!!!

No comments: