Monday, March 19, 2007

Hysterosalpingogram

This morning Anna & I headed off to the YMCA. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes followed by leg weights (my personal favorite) and 10 minutes on the elliptical. Then Anna played with Leia, Spencer, & Nathan in the Mat room while Sarah & I chatted. It began to rain while we were there and it was POURING when we left...nothing like cold rain to cool you off from a workout.

Tyler got home just as Anna was heading out to the bus. Tyler & I ate some lunch and I took some motrin and off we went to the hospital for my HSG procedure. I was pretty nervous about it--not to mention that I have a very LOW pain tolerance. A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray of the uterus and fallopian tubes which allows visualization of the inside of the uterus and tubes. The picture will reveal any abnormalities of the uterus as well as tubal problems such as blockage and dilation. So they put some dye in my uterus and took some pictures. It caused the uterus to cramp quite a bit, which wasn't fun. Did I mention that I have a low pain tolerance? Anyhow, Tyler was so sweet and supportive and gentle with me. I greatly appreciated it. :) We went to the commissary afterwards and then got home just before Anna's bus arrived.

Tyler & Anna watched Peter Pan--Anna watched, Tyler slept--while I did some dishes and put the groceries away. We had an FHE lesson on Prophets, ate dinner, organized Anna's room, ate some chocolate cake, played a game of trouble and now Tyler's putting Anna to bed. BUSY DAY! Tyler put in to take a few days off this week. He wants to put up part of a fence in our backyard...the only snag is that the weather is predicting some rain...we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Sorry about the pain, but it must be so exciting to get some answers. Be sure to let me know! Good luck with that fence! I hope we don't have to do that. ;) (Brad showed me more pix of that house today)