Sunday, March 11, 2007

It's Spring Forward Time

Well, like many (all) of you, I got one hour less of sleep last night. Went to choir practice and we only had 6 people show up. It was SO SMALL! I guess I'm going to have to be more proactive inviting people to choir. My friend Sarah said she might start attending, so that's a start! (you're committed now, right??)

There was a beautiful musical number today. There's a young woman in the ward who is deaf and several ladies in the ward have learned sign language to communicate with her. One of them, Michele, has known sign language her whole life because both of her parents are deaf. The interesting thing is that she can hear. I didn't know that 2 deaf parents could have a child who could hear. Anyhow, she signed the hymn, I Stand All Amazed, while 2 young women sang and they were accompanied by a beautiful arrangement on the piano. It was so powerful. Michele signed so well and the Spirit was strong. I really enjoyed it.

Well, we still don't have a kitchen sink that works, I just hope that someone can come over TOMORROW to get it fixed. Thankfully, I haven't invited anyone over tomorrow for dinner--so I won't have to worry about getting the past 3 days worth of dishes done! (not to mention MAKING the dinner, etc) We actually were invited over to a family's house tomorrow for dinner/fhe, so that will be nice! :)

My stepmother called today and said that she and my sister, Alleigh, may be coming to visit us for Spring Break. My dad is very busy with his new job & will be out of town for the next 3 weeks straight! I hope they can come, it would be SO fun to have them here and Anna would LOVE to spend some time with her favorite aunt! (who is only 7 years older than she is...) It's funny because I was just telling Tyler that I wished some family would come visit us, and then Suzanne called today saying they may come. :)

No comments: