Friday, March 02, 2007

Marriage Fireside

Last night Tyler & I stayed up until 1am watching "The Way Home," a Korean movie. It's...slow going, but has a good message. However, since I was up late--you guessed--I slept in as well. My darling, patient daughter, Anna, is so good to me and lets me sleep in--most of the time not interrupting me too often. She's a precious gem.

We made pizza for lunch, ran some errands, and then went to Shannon's house. I determined that I need to begin a regular exercise program. So today I used a guest pass at the YMCA. It's really a great little setup there--they have a nursery for the kids while you exercise. Anna didn't want to leave it when we were done. We walked around the track for about 45 minutes. It's been 3 months since I last exercised--when the snow came in december--and my thighs are SORE! But it's the good kind of sore, the kind where you feel like you've done what you should have been doing all along....=)

This evening Anna went to play at Emma's house while Tyler & I went to the Stake Marriage Fireside. It was really wonderful. The Stake President spoke for 1 1/2 hours on strenghthening marriage. Some of the questions that he asked us are:

Who is the main object of your love?
What are the benefits to that person?
Do we love ourselves the most or our spouse?

He had some great thoughts for us, I'm really glad that we were able to go. It was a wonderful evening. And I dressed up really nice--even did that "beautiful s wave" on my hair. I even had a compliment from Nicole saying how nice I looked. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to go to firesides like that. I come home and feel so much more in love. It makes me giddy. Maybe it's just me, but I like it. I wish you would have posted a picture of yourself. I would have loved to see it. Next time be sure to post one. If for nothing else, it will make you feel good about yourself, and we ALL need that.