Help outfit Michael, Sarah, and John

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Staying Home

We woke up this morning to Anna saying her tummy hurt. This was the first time that Anna had ever said this to me, so I was concerned and certainly didn't want to take her to church if she didn't feel well--plus I don't think it's right to bring a sick child to church where she can spread it around--so Anna & I stayed home. I'm sure there's about 5 people not pleased about receiving a phone call from me before 8am this morning. I had to find a replacement for choir practice, chorister, etc. It all worked out...and Anna never did throw up--but better safe than sorry and she rested quite a bit, which helped. Poor girl. 5 minutes before church was ending, Anna said she wanted to go to church and that she missed going to primary. :(

Since Anna didn't show any signs of being sick or contagious, we still had a new family over for a nice buttermilk waffle dinner. It was nice to get to know them and they have a daughter a year younger than Anna--they had a GREAT time playing. Before we knew it-it was time for Stake Choir practice, so Heather & I went to that. We're working on an Easter Program. The music is really lovely, but I was hoping for something more challenging...I was able to sight read the whole cantata...I think I need to address my desire to sing & be heard. I have this voice, which I honestly think is really beautiful. I feel that I can sing very well...and I want to USE my voice. But how? I'm seriously considering the idea of taking some voice lessons...I don't want to digress in my talent--I want to improve.

No comments: