Friday, May 18, 2007

Ward Classical Recital

This morning was pretty slow...I was anticipating the Ward Classical Recital from the moment I woke up, so I tried to do other things to help the time pass. Anna & I went to wal-mart & Meijer and then took some balloons that I blew up + some circus peanuts & salt water taffy (Tyler's favorite candies) and we filled Tyler's truck up with them while he was at work. It was a lot of fun, especially since it's wasn't his birthday or some other holiday--just an ordinary day. We wanted him to know how much we love him. He's such a wonderful man.

The recital finally happened at 6:30pm. Everything went well, all the musical numbers were very enjoyable. The ward choir did an amazing job with their Beautiful Savior number. Just beautiful!!! I sang a duet from The Messiah--the "Come Unto Him" soprano section of the "He Shall Feed His Flock" duet. I was very, very happy with how I sang--not to boast, mind you--it came out so effortlessly and was just as I would have wanted to sing it. I am quite satisfied with it. Thinking back on it makes me smile and wish I had the opportunity to sing music like that more often...

No comments: