Friday, June 22, 2007

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe

This was given to me by my Grandma McElwain, an elect lady.

Cook together these ingredients until thick: 6 eggs, 2 cups sugar, 1 tbsp flour, & 3 cups milk. (I typically blend the eggs together beforehand with a mixer)

Let cool to room temperature and then add 1 tbsp vanilla, 3 cartons whipping cream & pour into freezer (the biggest size, I believe). Fill to the fill line with milk. Freeze and eat. This is a traditional fourth of july dessert on the McElwain family side. ENJOY!

p.s. I really like this recipe because of the texture, it's very soft. However, once you refreeze the leftovers (if you have any) it's nearly impossible to scoop any more out because it has hardened. So, it's one of those fantastic recipes once it's made but not good for leftovers...make sense?

No comments: