Monday, July 09, 2007

Progress

Anna has swimming lesson when Leia has them. It works out great--I can chat with Sarah while the girls swim. Then the kids go in the nursery and we hit the fitness room. I weighed 323 1/2 lbs. That means (for all of you who don't keep constant tabs on my weight) I lost another 2 lbs on the SBD. The first week I lost 4 1/2 lbs and so my total weight loss for 2 weeks is: 6 1/2 lbs. YAY = progress. The diet is going surprisingly well. Tonight we had chicken fajitas for dinner and I used a large lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla. It was really good! All in all, food doesn't hold the same importance in my life that it used to--in fact, I spend very little time in the kitchen...which explains why the dishes are piled up in the kitchen...

We went to wal-mart to get Anna a new swimsuit. You may be wondering why we would need a new swimsuit when the summer is already half over. Well, Anna has been swimming so much that she now has a hole in her swimsuit. Yeah. So now we have an Ariel Princess swimsuit for my princess-obsessed daughter. Hey, she's happy = I'm happy.

I taught a lesson to Lea today, then made granola. We decided that we're not going to buy any more cereal from the store--I'm going to make granola. It really is a good recipe. It's from that ancient LDS wheat cookbook that was most likely made in SLC, UT or some very mormony location. It's chock full of good wholesome wheat recipes, including a pudding recipe that sounds terrible---can you imagine eating pudding with wheat flour in it? YUCK! But the granola recipe--it's good.

For FHE we talked about the pioneers and then for the "activity" we found space in our 1400 sq foot home for 14 boxes of food that we canned at the cannery last week. We found space for it all, but we're wondering where we'll put the next load from the cannery next month. Hm.

We decided we're doing a garage sale this saturday. It's amazing how much STUFF you can acquire in your home! I decided to go ahead and sell all of Anna's clothes from newborn to 5T. We don't need them and it will quench my need for getting rid of those things we aren't using right now. Plus we have a stroller, child's gate, and TOYS that Anna wants to sell. Someone asked me if I'm going to give the money from Anna's toys to her...is that how it works? Help me out people.

4 comments:

Saquel25 said...

I think Anna should get an agreed upon amount for selling her toys as long as she buys something other than toys with it - like a hair ornament or a pair of swimming goggles or a movie ticket. Something like that. And rodrigo is a mystery to me. I think he's trying to sell me something. Thanks for the tip about the code thingy!!

Anonymous said...

You paid for the toys, so my thinking is that the money is yours. However, splitting it in some fashion would go over well. Is Anna choosing to sell some of her toys or are selling them while she's not paying attention (ie she not longer plays with them)? The money is probably best spent on something you'll need to buy her anyway, like a repayment on the new swimming suit she needed. But, it's your family and your decision. Have fun with the sale.

KC

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the agreed-upon amount for selling the toys. My comment is not so much about the money, as it is about what to have her get rid of. I still have painful memories of my favorite yellow dress disappearing from my closet when I was about 9 years old. My mom said she got rid of it because it didn't fit me any more and she wanted to make room in the closet. I know I would have let go of it eventually, but I wasn't ready to then. I was heartbroken and felt betrayed. Just tread lightly if you know that somethng is really special to her. Perhaps consider letting her decide on keeping a limited set amount of "special" things such as 2 or 3. So much of life is about choice and this could not only be a good time to help her exercise her "choosing skills", but also for her to realize that you think her feelings are important too.

Love, Kathey

Maria said...

I would look at it as an opportunity to teach her about money, budgeting, tithing and charity. She could be part of the process in pricing the toys. Learning how much a toy that she want will cost. Perhaps donating some of the money. She needs to know thought that things she needs, she can depend on her family to provide for her. Things that she wants are things she can save up for. If you give her the proceeds from the toys she has an opportunity to pay tithing.