Friday, August 17, 2007

General education courses

Last night my knee was hurting, so this morning I took a break from exercising at the YMCA. I'm wondering if my knee pain is from playing volleyball...because it has been hurting since I started playing last month; it makes me sad because I really love playing volleyball--but my knees are more important, so I might have to take a break from it for a little while. :(

I went and chose some new glasses today. I looked around for an Eyemart Express--but they don't have it in OH. :( So I went on-base and they had a special where you could buy one pair of frames + lenses & a second set of frames for free. So I paid for 2 pairs of lenses and 1 pair of frames. It was over $200, but I'm happy with them. I got one black pair & one brown pair--both plastic. They should be done on August 27th. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get them. I can't wait! And I only took over an hour to choose which frames I wanted...

I came home to a phone message from the liberal arts department at my college and they said that my transfer credits fulfilled ALL of the gen-eds requirements for my degree---so I only have to take music classes to get my music performance degree! HOORAY!!!! Next week I hope to meet with an advisor in the music department to choose some classes for the fall. I must say-I'm very excited about going back to study music! My audition is on August 31st. The college here has you apply to the college, then to the department of your major, and if it's music-then you have to audition to determine if you're talented enough for them to admit you as a music major and then you can enroll in classes. Bizarre. So, apparently, after my audition they will tell me yea or nay and then I can enroll. That's the plan--stay tuned for more info!

I made some no-bake cookies today with splenda. They're not bad either. :) Anna finished her first week of kindergarten and she got to go to the library today. She is just beaming when she comes home from school. She L.O.V.E.S. it.

I have some tomatoes from my garden and thought I'd make some salsa. Are there any yummy salsa recipes out there? Do share!

3 comments:

Melisa said...

How nice that you don't have to take a ton of extra classes! Hope the audition goes well! (as we all know it will)

Ticklemedana said...

I have the BEST recipe for salsa AND it's my own!!!

Loosely chop 5 medium tomatoes and 2 medium onions, set aside.

Juice 2 small limes or one LARGE lime (VITAL for the taste of the salsa) and pour the juice into the bottom of a blender.

Chop 2 jalepenos and put into blender.

Put chopped tomatoes and onion into blender

Chop off the bottom 3 inches of stems from a WHOLE bunch of cilantro (The 50 cent bunch at walmart) and throw on top of everything else in blender.

Pulse or Puree all blender ingredients. (If you have enough juice mixed with juices from the tomatoes, it should work)

Pour contents into bowl.

Add one LARGE can or 3 SMALL cans of ROTEL BRAND TOMATOES & CHILLIS (It has to be Rotel brand...the original recipe is REALLY spicy but if you like that, then no worries. I prefer the Milder version.)

Mix together and chill...I have never been complemented so much on something I've made as I have this salsa! Enjoy!

Maria said...

http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/07/roasted-vegetable-salsa.html

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks amazing. I love this food blog. Check out her other recipies!