Sunday, November 11, 2007

I love my country

Today I had HOLIDAYS IN THE HEARTLAND, a choral celebration of Thanksgiving, Christmas & July 4th. We sang some wonderful pieces of music--especially the patriotic songs. Both of my grandpas served in the Air Force and now my husband is currently serving. I'm so grateful to live in this country. As I come to know my Heavenly Father more & more, I appreciate our religious freedom more & more. Here is a song that we heard today by a string quartet, it is hauntingly beautiful: adagio. (sorry, I can't post the youtube itself, just click on the word "adagio")

I have been praying for an opportunity to share the gospel, and today when I was least expecting it--one happened, on my way to my car after the program. I was able to explain our beliefs including we believe in God and in his son, Jesus Christ, who died for us. I also shared that we have a prophet today and 12 apostles-this seemed to be very interesting to her, she kept coming back to that topic. :o) It was nice to be able to share some of my beliefs with someone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to add Cherry to your selection list of Favorite pies.