Sunday, December 23, 2007

Bartlesville Trip

We've had a grand time here in Bartlesville. Tyler misses being here and even has some hopes of returning to live here in OK. Our future is so open right now - who knows where we'll end up?



We've been enjoying our time with the Pierce family! Yesterday was the Pierce Christmas Dinner. We played several games, including PIT & Apples to Apples Junior. I have pictures, but haven't had a chance to post them, yet. Today we celebrated Anna's 6th birthday. She had a ball with her cousins, especially Maddie, who is almost 4 years-old. I can tell that if we lived here in Bartlesville, that Anna & Maddie would be best friends. :o)



I sang in Tyler's ward today. I sang "A Long Time Ago" & "Come Unto Him". I think that many people enjoyed the songs. The ward clerk said he was going to request my records so we'd move here!



One thing I forgot to mention on our trip here to OK: we were eating at Denny's for breakfast. I didn't feel too pretty because my fever blisters were completely out of control at that point - but I still fixed my hair and put on make-up, anyhow. Upon arriving at Denny's, I headed for the restroom. Another woman was also heading in there and she was so complimentary of me, saying how beautiful my hair is and what a beautiful person I am. It was so surprising because I felt so unattractive with the huge (read: gigantic) fever blister on my lip - and here was this pretty woman telling me how pretty I am. I think that Heavenly Father compliments us through other people. I needed to hear it that day, let me tell you! :o)

Tomorrow morning we're heading down to Stillwater, which is 2 hours away from Bartlesville. It's almost Christmas Eve! I'm in charge of putting together a Christmas Eve musical schedule. We have so much musical talent in our family and there will be 27 (yes, 27) people at my Grandma's house on Christmas Eve, so I'm thinking it won't be a short musical program. Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday ANNA.

Saquel25 said...

Hope you had a good Christmas! I understand how you feel about church and state coexisting but in this case it's a private preschool not associated with the state so that's why they can be religious. A public school wouldn't do that. It's pretty sad.

Melisa said...

Have a very Merry Christmas!