Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hello 1st Lieutenant!

Tyler was promoted to 1st Lieutenant today. It was a great experience for everyone. I'm so proud of Tyler and for the accomplishments that he has made. We truly enjoy serving in the military. I posted some pictures on the blog sidebar. I was able to change out his pins from his "blues" uniforms. Tyler asked me to sing the National Anthem, which went well. Tyler gave a short speech on why he decided to join the military - one of his reasons was because he wanted a job where he would go home at night and be proud of what his job stood for - he definitely feels that way about being in the Air Force. I'm so proud of him.

I spent the rest of the evening with my sweet little valentine daughter - Tyler went to class after the promotion. Anna & I went to the bank, pharmacy, commissary, and ended at Wendy's - our fast food restaurant of choice. I just enjoyed my one-on-one time with Anna. She's a sweet girl and has such a happy personality. I hope you all enjoyed your Feb 14th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tyler!!!

Jill,
One of the things I love about you is that you always look nice.

Unknown said...

Hooray for Tyler. Yippie, skippy

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize he was AF! If you get to request where your next transfer is, aim for CO Springs, it's awesome here! That's great he got promoted and you were able to participate. Congrats!
Tricia

Melisa said...

Yeah Tyler! Many congrats! You guys should be very proud of his career.