Saturday, May 03, 2008

$685

$685 is what we earned in our first garage sale for the twins. During the garage sale, we passed out some fliers explaining about our adoption of the twins. There was this website on it where people can make donations to our adoption fund. I was happy to find that since our garage sale - there has been another $100.21 added to that fund! So really, we made $785 which means we've raised a total of $985 towards the adoption. Wow. I'm overwhelmed at the generosity of others towards us. We feel so loved and blessed right now. Thank you all! :o)

On another note, we've been trying to receive an answer from prayer if we should continue our infertility treatments. Not receiving any answers, we just assumed we'd continue with it until otherwise informed by the Spirit. Then my period was late - a whole week late. I took a pg test this morning: negative. This isn't new for me, having a negative pg test - but when I didn't even think it was possible to become pg (since we're not doing infertility treatments this cycle) it was kind of relaxing to not even have to think about the possibility of being pg. But then my period didn't come...and I had a whole week having those "what if" thoughts. *sigh* I don't have a good outlet for such feelings/frustrations/emotions other than food. I haven't posted anything about my weight loss efforts because they've been at a standstill. I've been sick for a week and a half - so I haven't been exercising, but I've been eating right - until today after I found out I wasn't pg. After the sale today - I took a nap. A very long nap. A 5 hour nap. I woke up at 7pm! My sweet husband went out and bought me this which was so sweet. I feel so blessed to have a sensitive man at my side through everything.

5 comments:

Melisa said...

That is so awesome, Jill! I am very happy for you guys!

I'm sorry about the other stuff. It is so hard when you don't have a good outlet. Ugh. It is so hard. And even worse when you are sick. Thank heavens for naps!

I haven't worked out in about 2 weeks. I really really need to start again. Maybe we can start on Monday together? :)

Kathey said...

Glad the sale turned out as well as it did in spite of the weather. Great beginning!

Love, Kathey

Carina said...

I'm so glad that everything went well! And that you're on your way to bringing your kids home. I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best in your efforts! Our prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Jill, I'm so glad the sale was a success. let's hit the gym this week! It's so much more fun if we get to chat the time away! ;)

junglemama said...

This is awesome!