Wednesday, January 07, 2009

European Concert, Mariupol, Ukraine November 2008

While I was in Ukraine I had the priviledge to sing a concert at Mariupol University. Some of you dear readers asked to hear some of the songs. I finally figured out how to split up the video into individual clips - so here you go! I realize that this doesn't have anything to do with adopting our adorable children - it was simply an opportunity that I had to share my talent while in Ukraine adopting those adorable children. Thanks for listening. COME UNTO HIM and STANDCHEN are my two favorites from these recordings.

COME UNTO HIM from The Messiah


SE TU M'AMI by Pergolesi


NEL COR PIU NON MI SENTO by Paisiello - yeah, the quality on this video is horrible, but it's the only one like this. I promise. :o)


ZDES KHOROSHO by Rachmaninoff - it was neat singing in Russian in a Russian-speaking country. Because of this the accompanist played the piano very passionately, if not patriotically - it was wonderful.


STANDCHEN by Schubert

9 comments:

Diana said...

WOW! You have an amazing talent! Thanks for sharing!

nicole said...

Diana... you're right, she does! And we're the lucky ones who get to hear her often! :)

Kerry Shealy said...

Gorgeous!!! I have been wanting to hear you sing!

I sang "Nel Cor..." in high school for competition, so that brought back great (and nerve-wracking) memories!

Melisa said...

You are so amazing, Jill!

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Wow!! What a voice!

MoonDog said...

wow! I had no idea.... just.....wow!!!

Pamela said...

What a lovely voice you have! That was such an incredible experience to be able to sing there. I'm sure that will be a memory you will cherish forever.

Sarah C said...

Your voice is beautiful. I am glad you had the opportunity to sing in Ukraine. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Carrie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You have always had such a wonderful voice, but I think your practice and training has even made you grow more since college! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!