Monday, August 17, 2009

Still waiting

I am still waiting to wake up and feel magically better. That day hasn't come yet but I'm on the lookout for it. Mornings are TOUGH. After sleeping all night, my throat is dry and very painful. Once I wake up, I take some motrin (for pain) and drink water - TONS of it! Only after an hour or two of drinking water can I attempt to eat something for breakfast. This morning it's zucchini bread with butter. I've been trying to eat my 3 pieces of bread for 45 minutes...only 1/2 a piece has been eaten successfully. My throat is so dry that it's painful, so I have to eat these tiny bites and chew very slowly and drink 3 cups of water before I can try again...wow.

Tyler has been a dream husband and father this past week. He worked from home for a few days and then took some more time off to help me at home. He's home today working on a project for his MBA program. Tonight is his last day of class and next monday will be his final and then he is DONE with his MBA at Ohio State University!!! All hail the conquering graduate! I am so proud of him and so ready for him to be DONE. We've been in school our whole 8 years of marriage - we am ready for a break.

Anna's in school, Kristina starts this week and Keith starts next week. Tyler & I are going to one of those presentations tomorrow night where we sit for 90 minutes and hear a presentation from a travel agency and they will give us 2 free round-trip tickets to anywhere in the US plus a 2 night free stay at a hotel. We plan to use these tickets to fly down to FL to secure some housing for us before we move.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I may be crazy, but do you have an add on freecycle for tree stumps? We may be interested, my hubby is camping right now but will be back tomorrow and I can ask him.

Saquel25 said...

Wow! I don't think I'd sit through one of those things for 100 plane tickets. Just be aware they are not going to just happily hand you tickets after 90 minutes. It's going to be exhausting. Let me know how it goes anyway. Love ya x

Melisa said...

We've been married almost 10 and still have 3 yrs of school to go. Color me jealous that you guys are almost done. :o)

Ticklemedana said...

I LOVE those presentations...they are seriously the best to get legit, free trips and stuff...we took our florida vacation because my friend amber was trolling the internet...so worth it! Hope you feel better, my love...

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Hope everything works out for you guys and the career directions. Good luck on the trip thing. They are so picky about when you can fly and they pressure you so so much. So hope you are good at saying no!