Friday, August 27, 2010

Nursing Assistant


The American Red Cross is offering a free 5 week nursing assistant course for spouses of active duty military men/women. There were four slots available and I got #2! So in mid-september, I will begin! I am super excited! I feel as though God just handed this opportunity to me and all I had to do was apply and was accepted!

My grandma was a surgical nurse for many years and I've always wondered how I would do as a nurse, myself. Here's my chance to do it! For roles of a nursing assistant, click here. It doesn't seem like the most glamorous job, but I am looking forward to helping others be more comfortable while they are in pain or suffering. The annual salary is about $23,000, which I wouldn't mind having, either.

As for working after the training, right now I am planning to work until we are pregnant or until we feel it's time for me to stop working. A couple of months ago, Tyler & I fasted and prayed for an opportunity like this. I know that God answers prayers.

7 comments:

bearie1 said...

A Nursing assistant is an invaluable part of the patient's care team. I know you will be a kind, compassionate nursing assistant. What a great opportunity. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to post this on your blog. This young women has been missing for about a week. We hope to find or hear from her soon.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Melanie/148875175142195?v=wall

Aubrey said...

Yay! Congrats!
I always thought that would be a good job. When I worked in a Dr. office, it was always the girl that took the patient back, took her vitals, & deposited her in a room that was the NA. She also ran errands for the RN. Seemed fun.
Good luck!

Alabama Apples said...

I think you would be wonderful! I'm excited for your opportunity...hooray!

Carina said...

How exciting! What a wonderful answer to prayer!

Sarah C said...

That is awesome. You will do great with that.

CNA Skills Training said...

Hi, congratulation for this service to mankind. I think you are inspired from your grandma, right?