Friday, June 22, 2012

Recovery Day 1

My kids are doing well at home. Last night I spoke with all the kids on the phone. When it was Calvin's turn, he held the phone in front of him...unsure what do with it. When Tyler had him hold it to his ear and he heard my voice, he began laughing hysterically. And we realized it was his first time talking on a phone. How fun to have some firsts with Calvin.

Yesterday was a hard day. I though it would be easier the day after surgery, but Silas was in a lot of pain. It was hard when he cried, whined, and reached out for me but I couldn't hold him. The nurses were great and very attentive. I am grateful for them. I am also grateful for all the texts, calls, and well wishes from everyone. This has been very difficult on my whole family, but we are making it and Silas is recovering slowly.




Ronald McDonald House




Sweet Silas baby




No comments: