Monday, July 30, 2012

Iryna and the tv

This morning Iryna and Calvin were playing wii. Iryna became upset with the game and hit the tv. HARD. Now it doesn't work and would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. Tyler says that it's just one less thing he has to pack. We are trying to find the good in the situation...I am glad that Tyler discovered it and not me. I took the news better because Tyler was the one who told me. That kind of began the day in a not-so-great-way and Iryna hasn't done much better since then. She hasn't destroyed anything else (yet) but she also doesn't seem to think about the fact that she broke our tv at all. I think about it a lot, how we cannot watch a movie tonight or the kids cannot play wii or nintendo 64 or watch Netflix - all things the kids could be doing while I finish up packing the house. We already packed up most of our toys, so the tv was a great help and now it's out of commission. Iryna seems all happy-go-lucky and that sort of drives me bonkers. Plus she isn't behaving very well, either. UGH.

My cousin, Tina, and her family are in town visiting her inlaws. They brought over pizza for lunch and we had a nice chat. I feel very fortunate to have such great relations with my extended family. Tina was there at my sealing and I have enjoyed our friendship over the years. Anna played with her son, Dylan, and they had a great time. They drove all the way from Texas!

Tyler did some calculations and determined that we need to sell some items before we move. So today I have been listing items like crazy on Craigslist. I hope they will sell quickly, or at least before Tyler moves in mid-August.

On Saturday we went down to Miami to see Lucy. Isn't she a doll?

Driving to Miami

Holding the baby




Barbie and Anna

Sarah and me and Lucy

Tyler and Lucy and Rodolfo

No comments: