Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmastime 2012

We went to OK for Christmas this year. We began in Stillwater to see Grandpa and Grandma McElwain and Grandma Hatch (plus my sisters Heather, Jennifer, & Rachel and their families and my brother, Coulter) and had a visit to Edmond to see Opa and Maamaw Dahle (plus Jacob, Ashley and their families and Alleigh).



The kids wrote Santa a Christmas letter









Travels and stops between OH and OK





Me and my adorable niece, Aurora


We had the boys sealed to us in the OK Temple. It was a special experience. Here are Calvin and Silas with Opa.



Opa, Maamaw, Jill, Silas, Tyler, Calvin, Iryna, Anna, Grandma H, & Keith outside the OKC Temple.


Little Willis and Tyler


Jennifer and Anna


Jill & Jennifer



I had the special opportunity to sing in a combined volunteer choir with my mom, sister, Rachel, and her husband, Alex, and my brother, Coulter. It was made up from central OK members of the LDS church and directed by the amazing Dr Craig Jessop, who flew out from UT to direct the choir. Dr Jessop was the director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir before the current Mack Wilberg. He was a joy to work with and I will always treasure the time we had to work with him. The concert was aired on tv three days in a row, including Christmas day. We hope to get a DVD of it soon. :)

Jill, Dr Jessop, Alex, Rachel, & Coulter


Iryna, Iliana, and Keith at Opa's house


Silas and Opa cracking nuts in a nutcracker


Landon and Ashley


Opa and Keith reading about reindeer flying


Tyler and Landon


Silas and Maamaw


Opa, Anna, & Maamaw

In Stillwater, Tyler & I went on a double date with Rachel & Alex. We saw The Hobbit. Rachel and I went shopping at Old Navy and had a lunch date at Olive Garden. We played games and spend lots of time talking. It's amazing how the older I get, the more I enjoy just talking with my family.

Uncle Coulter wins the award for most time talking about airplanes with Keith.












Hairclip from Rachel on Tyler. Kind of crazy, right? I love Tyler's Charlie Brown shirt. He wears it every year.

 
Silas and Grandma Hatch


Silas and Grandpa McElwain


Aurora and Anna











Christmas Eve dinner, waiting on the peasant soup.


Christmas Eve with my kids in their matching jammies plus their littlest cousin, Aurora.



Grandma Hatch and Iryna



Grandma and Grandpa McElwain



Christmas morning




Uncle Coulter and Calvin





Presents!















We went up to Bartlesville and the kids had a blast with their cousins and Grammy and Pa-Pa.


The boys playing with their cousin, Spencer.




Siblings: Tyler, Tisha, & Travis


Grammy and Pa-Pa with three of their five kids.


 Tyler happened upon this picture of the boys all snuggled up together. So sweet.


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! Love, The Pierce Family


No comments: