Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Counting down the days

Can you feel it? Are you excited? Christmas is ONE WEEK AWAY! I am thrilled. This is MY time of year. I love seeing all the snow outside (let's hope it stays through Christmas!) and cooking wintery foods. Last night I made homemade tapioca pudding. So delicious.

Quotables:

Calvin just asked if we could watch FROSTING THE SNOWMAN.

Tyler: I think we should listen to a Neil Diamond song.
Jill: I think we can forego that pleasure.


Silas was so happy to see a picture of his friend, Drew, on the fridge!

I am trying my hand at braids. Behold, my first attempt. It is well.


Rudolph by the tree. Isn't he adorable?

Tyler and I keep quoting the above Calvin and Hobbes comic when our alarms go off in the morning. 

Of course, we do not need a Christmas holiday or Christmas traditions to remember Jesus Christ, our Savior. But the celebrations of Christmas can help remind us of Him. The hallowed Christmas season can be an opportunity to recommit to keep the fire of the Spirit and the glory of the Son of God burning in our hearts every day throughout the year.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Second Counselor in the First Presidency

“Of Curtains, Contentment, and Christmas,” Christmas Devotional, December 2011

No comments: