Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Miracles happen

I had the opportunity to sing in two Easter concerts in March. We sang many pieces, including Brahms and Handel's Messiah. The concert lasted 90 minutes. It was glorious.

It is hard for me to hold myself up for 90 minutes straight. My feet begin to hurt and my ankles swell up. Partway through the first concert, I had to sit down. I sang from my seat, but felt embarrassed and hoped that people didn't really notice, as I was sitting on the end of a row and was behind the piano. After a few songs, I stood back up and finished the concert. My voice was also hoarse from all the difficult music. There were times that I had to adlib the words, because my voice couldn't handle the strain. 

My husband, Tyler, and my best friend, Nichole, came to hear my second performance. I really didn't want to have to sit down with them there. But about an hour into the concert, my feet were really hurting. I began to think about the pioneers crossing the plains. I have read accounts of them praying for physical help as their feet were weary. 

I decided to pray and ask for help. I prayed that my feet wouldn't hurt and that I could finish out the concert standing. After my prayer, I was delighted that my feet no longer hurt. It was a miracle! 

I continued singing until my voice gave out. I was sad that my voice was gone, but I was pleased for how long it had lasted. I had wanted to sing the final Messiah pieces, especially the last one. 

As we opened our Messiah books to the final number of the concert, the Holy Ghost told me that my voice was repaired so that I could sing along with the choir. As I began to sing the words, I felt that my voice was as strong as it ever had been, with no limitations whatsoever. Another miracle. I was able to sing praises to my Father in Heaven during this blessed Easter Season. 

I am so grateful for a merciful Heavenly Father. I know that He loves me. I know that He knows my needs. I know that He wants to help me, if I will but ask Him. 

Below is a lovely Easter video. I am so blessed to know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, died for me and was resurrected. If we will draw close unto Him, He will draw close to us. Happy Easter. 




Here are some pictures from the Chinese Cultural Event:



No comments: