Saturday, January 16, 2016

Happy birthday to Calvin!

My fourth born in the wilderness is 9 years old. It's hard to believe that he has gone from this:

 
And this:

(Gotcha day)

To this:


Calvin requested the baked French toast casserole for breakfast:



Calvin wanted a Star Wars themed birthday. I got him this BB8 t-shirt and gave it to him early so he could wear it to school. 

My best friend, Nichole, made some Star Wars cookies for Calvin to take to school. 

Lightsaber and wookie cookies. 


Iryna made a card for Calvin's birthday at school. I was really impressed with how well Iryna handled Calvin's birthday this year. Last year she had to go into another room during his whole party. This year she was able to stay and participate and had a mostly good attitude throughout.

We had a TACO TUESDAY! Calvin wanted tacos for dinner. 


My bff, Nichole. She is amazing!


Calvin with his lightsaber cake! (Also made by Nichole)





I printed some free Star Wars coloring pages. Calvin loves to color and I am glad that his friends do, too! Parker, Sam, and Cameron came. 


Calvin received a Star Wars backpack, captain America shield, two Star Wars books, Star Wars Legos, two Star Wars pajamas sets, a Star Wars watch and more! He was very thrilled with his gifts. 


Josh and Tyler did some manly application of wd40 on our squeaky chairs. 

The jammies are a little big, but he loves them!

Calvin is a joy in my life. He is so excited about just about everything. It's like seeing things for the first time when I am with Calvin. Calvin loves going to church, and he always takes his scriptures with him. He is excited to be a deacon when he turns 12 and to pass the sacrament. Calvin looks forward to serving a mission one day, perhaps in Russia! His favorite colors are green and black. He is learning more on the piano and seems to enjoy that past time. We just registered him to start baseball. This will be his first year to play. Calvin is a hard worker and gets excited about organizing things and sweeping the floors. He always puts a smile on my face when he is excited to share something new that he is discovered. I love you Calvin. Happy birthday!

No comments: